Georgia's DFCS Stealing the American Vote

Dropping by a local Dunkin Donuts in the state of Georgia to pick up coffee, a woman working there saw my "Obama 2008" sign on display in my car window, and she immediately got excited while asking me where I got it from.  

She stated that she dropped by a local Obama campaign office but they didn't have anymore, and although I didn't get mine from the place she mentioned -- I knew exactly what office she spoke of because it was the same office that remained closed most days.

After trying to register to vote and volunteer at this particular office that stayed closed, I felt it my duty to report this to the Obama headquarters -- which I did. And wouldn't you know it; directly across the street was a McCain/Palin office which remained open for business. 

As I continued chatting with this employee, she made me aware of another frightening revelation. The middle aged woman vented that she receives governmental assistance due to her job not paying enough of a living wage, and how when she visited the local Division of Family and Child Services' office in Griffin, Georgia, in order to register to vote that 3 weeks had already passed without a call or letter stating that she indeed was a registered voter. She commented that she thought she was crazy, until she checked with other people she knew that also registered at the same office -- but to their knowledge they hadn't received any voter registration confirmation either. 

I felt myself becoming eerily bothered by this story as the Georgia resident proceeded telling it; the outcome was her calling the DFCS office to check her voter status which was non-existent since her form had never been handed in!

Her form was to be given to the voter's office, which by the way is located directly across the street from DFCS. She stated that she wanted to turn her own voter form in, but was told that it was DFCS' rule that all voter forms go through them. The DFCS office is literally across the street from the voter's office, why in 3 whole weeks wasn't her form being processed?

November 4, 2008, would've come and gone without her participation due to the lack of effort on the DFCS' part. Hearing about the vulnerability of welfare recipients who often have their votes stolen, reminded me of the stories I often heard about the government stealing Americans votes. 

This is issue that needs to be investigated expeditiously, before November 4th gets here and people are turned away from the polls. Even voter registration in Florida ended earlier than it was supposed to, as republicans try to stop Senator Obama from winning the election. Let's stay vigilant in calling out any wrong doing encountered.

Furthermore, I took it upon myself to call the Obama Headquarters, making them aware of the unjust actions of the DFCS, and I was thinking about calling the local news station to get the alert out.

This same woman also complained that she put Obama/Biden banners on her front lawn several times, only to have them stolen or ripped up.

No matter what the plight we face before election day, let's strike back by voting in record breaking numbers, so much so, that should any of our votes be stolen it'll still be to many of us to lose. Obama 2008!

2008 LA



Comments