George W. Bush's Farewell Address

Did you catch George Bush's farewell address to the country? 

After the former president made his address, news reporters picked apart his speech to comment on how they felt he did. There were many analogies being thrown around to describe the native Texan, but mostly commentators agreed that Bush seemed sincere and genuine with his words while others, stated that Bush appeared grateful to hand over the reigns of power to the new Obama administration. 

I definitely didn't get the same sincerity that these folks speak of; you can call me a Bush Hater as Fox News correspondent Bill O'Reilly, chooses to call those that say anything against Bush, but I have a different take on the address due to Bush's body language.

First of all, anytime George W. Bush uttered words of despair (for example the 9-11 tragedy), he smiled and sort of smirked as if it were a joke. I kid you not, ev-er-y-time. 

Sincere and grateful weren't the words that crossed my mind but instead, the word "actor" seemed more fitting. He was an actor that gave a well prepared speech; and why does he constantly smile as if he did a great job for our country? If anything I expected him to be serious and concerned, and above all sorry

But this former president appeared as if he was content with the current economic shape of our country. Bush even took time to lie too us about how great tax cuts, clean water, military benefits, and education for children are now. Maybe its gotten better for rich people during his time in office, because as far as struggling people are concerned, these government run programs have only gone down the tubes since Bush took the oath of office. 

Also, I found it interesting how just in the past weeks, Bush has constantly repeated that there will be terrorist attacks on the United States, as if he knows something that we don't. 

Bush commented that President-Elect Barack Obama, will find out that terrorists are out there, as if Obama doesn't know this already. What is George Bush really trying to say?

Next, Bush warned the public that his next comments may make some uncomfortable, as he spoke about good verses evil. And why would he think this conversation would make the American people uncomfortable? 

We've endured much worse than one of Bush's speeches so the fact that he said that, made me feel that he wanted to make us uncomfortable and maybe even afraid. During the good verses evil comments he continued to smile, which I thought was pretty freaky.

But what really got me was how obvious it was that Bush placed black military men in the front row, and he made sure to give them all individual praise and camera time. This action made me feel that Bush, was trying to fight against the racist rumors recently made about him. Moreover, I noticed that the last military man to be praised looked some what disturbed -- while the others smiled back at Bush. His disturbed face, is what I still see as I write this article.

After George Bush's speech was over he walked off and away, of course never staying long enough to talk with reporters or shake hands. Oh, how I would have loved for him to answer a few questions.

Join me in waving good bye to George W. Bush. BYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Webfetti.com

The video of Bush's speech is posted here.

2009 LA

Comments

  1. I didn't see his farewell address, but I did see his last press conference. He actually said that he into office with a recession and is leaving with one.

    I find that bullshit. Sure, I was only 13 when he was elected, so I don't remember a lot. But from what I understand, the economy was MUCH better off during Clinton's administration. I don't remember anything close to a recession.

    But besides that, he's leaving with a war and a worsening economy. I was always under the impression that war helped the economy in many ways. Am I wrong? Did we not come out of WW2 with much more wealth than during the depression?

    He's arrogant and ridiculous. I don't expect an apology, but I do expect some honesty...I guess that's too much to ask from a man who's repeatedly lied to us for eight years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK!