My President Is Black!

Yesterday history was made because America woke up! Like a strategic game of chess we watched, listened, and made our move.

The feeling is surreal because I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime. And now what? What's next? What am I supposed to do with all this excitement? The only thing suppressing my anxiousness, is driving around while yelling out of the car window that our president is black, while blasting rapper Young Jeezy's song titled "My President is black," in case my rhetoric wasn't enough.

Now that the election is over I feel like I can breathe, and winning the mega millions doesn't seem as important anymore because I feel like I already won. Don't get me wrong winning the mega millions would be great, but it isn't a focus of mine anymore. I knew that if John McCain won unfair politics would be the status quo, and I'd have to secure a lump of money in order to survive. But now that President Obama's in office, I envision a successful future and I envision my future children having a successful future. I feel like I have a chance.

This historical moment has people engaged more so than ever, and also curious about the country's past and why it's so significant to the present. The Emancipation Proclamation written by our 16th President Abraham Lincoln, will finally be exercised in the correct way which shows that all men are created equal in the eyes of God, and although its been a struggle that mountaintop that Dr. King spoke of seems within eyesight. 

So many things that our black leaders spoke of in the past are happening now, as President Obama has plowed through fears, attacks, and negativity, like he wasn't surrounded by it which proves that hope and faith is more powerful than you or I could ever imagine.

I wonder after Obama is sworn in if he will investigate governmental corruption that has previously taken place? 

Last night Obama supporters peacefully celebrated in the streets; all races united in love while the McCain/Palin supporters, violently acted out by attacking the infamous, Joe the Plumber. It turns out that Joe isn't actually a plumber, and has never had his plumbing license. After this discovery a riot of real plumbers came together and attacked him. People will be people I guess but doggone it, MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!

2008 LA


Comments

  1. I sure hope you are right LA. I think one of the greatest things about this, is that us black folk will no longer be left in the dark about some really suspicious things the government has been involved in. (KKK, Assination of Dr. King etc.) I can't wait to learn the truths that have been secrets to only us 4 ever. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK!