Denying The Truth Within Obama's Prayer Breakfast Speech #HappyBlackHistoryMonth

photo by usatoday.com

As I read President Obama's Prayer Breakfast speech in it's entirety, it perplexed me how a few could concentrate only on a small part of the speech versus the speech as a whole. 

After reading the President's words, I comprehended his story of faithfulness and how important it is to love one another, and humble ourselves enough to realize that we are one another and we all need each other, and that it'd behoove some of us to stop acting as if we ourselves are GOD; as some carry out acts of evil and violence while using the Lord's name in vain to do so. 

There were comments stating that many Republicans were offended and pretty angry by Obama's speech, or his particular word usage in scolding the United States for falling prey to sinful acts while using God's name to justify those acts -- such as slavery and Jim Crow. 

But why get so angry over something that is obviously true? History shows that what he spoke of is true, and if you don't believe it check out the newest film currently in theaters -- Selma

How does one retain only that part of the speech without factoring in the rest, which was clearly an all-inclusive, peaceful and loving speech?

His words were said to make us all stop and look in the mirror while asking ourselves, "who am I to judge?" Who am I to look down on your religion or the lack thereof, who am I to think that I'm better than my neighbor and so much so, that I don't need to help thy neighbor? Who am I to be so cold-hearted and cruel to think I can wipe innocence off the face of the earth and not suffer consequences for it? Who am I?

Quite simply put, the President elaborated that we're all children of God -- that's who we are. And until we can all retain and sustain the humility needed to love one another, then as a result, the constant hate and fighting will ensue. It's really that simple, however, evil is very real; but as long as we continue to press on with the love and light that God provides us it will most certainly drown out the darkness. 

This is what President Obama's speech said to me; what does it say to you?

#HappyBlackHistoryMonth #Love #Humility #Unity #LessonsLearned

2015 LA

Comments